In Photo: Church member was electrocuted by Generator wire in Abia


There was confusion at a new generation church identified as Dominion Grace Christian Centre at Mgbaja Ossah in Umuahia North LGA of Abia State when one of its members was reportedly electrocuted in the church premises while the Sunday service was going on.

An eyewitness, who craved anonymity, said the ugly incident happened when the deceased identified as Chinweotito Ehiogu attempted to rescue another member of the church, Chidiebere, who was allegedly trapped by an unclad wire connected to the church’s generator.
It was gathered that Chidiebere, who was barefooted, was also affected by the electrocution too.
The source said the victims were immediately taken to an undisclosed
hospital, where Chinweotito was confirmed dead, while Chidiebere was revived.
He added that the remains of the victim was later brought back to
the church for series of prayers.
The General Overseer of the church, Pastor Simeon Chibuzor, who confirmed the incident, however described it as unfortunate.
He said, “The two people involved are my church members. The first person was asked to put off the generator, but he was trapped in the process.
“When he started shouting, Chinweotito rushed to rescue him and got electrocuted too. We got attracted and came around and separated them and took them to the hospital.
“When the first hospital was delaying treatment, we took them to another hospital where one of them was revived. He is still receiving treatment now, but unfortunately Chinweotito could not make it. It is a painful thing indeed.”
When contacted, the State Police Public Relation Officer ASP
Ogbonaya Nta, said the incident had yet to be reported to the State Police Command.

CHECK ALSO ☛  10 new dirty tricks kidnappers use to lure victims Revealed

Connect With Slickson: Facebook | Twitter | Email:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.