Mide Funmi Martins: “Why I Married An Ugly Man”

Mide Funmi Martins has explained why he chose to marry Afeez owo who is low to her standard in terms of beauty. For over 13 years, Mide funmi has been marrying to the love of his heart, Afeez Abiodun Owo who is also a yoruba actor.

In a recent interview, when Mide was asked on how she copes with all the pressures put on her marriage with rumours that it has crashed, the pretty babe said,” I am used to it by now. People have been saying a lot. I don’t know what to say again, I have said it so many times before. My husband and I still love each together. He is always with me. He is everything to me.

She further narrated that, “I know that people are saying that because they can’t reconcile how a fine girl like me will be married to someone who is ugly. Yes, I thought of that and that is the reason why people keep wishing us bad.

CHECK ALSO::: What Ladies Must Learn from Mide Funmi Martins & Her Husband’s Separation

And they have been saying it right from the onset, that haaa! Their marriage can’t last. They don’t match. They are not perfect match. They don’t fit. “haa omo yen ti fine ju loo, some say Ogun lo lo fun and I said its impossible. How can someone use juju on you for over 13 years. I have 2 kids with him.

I love my family. I love my husband. I am not saying I am not pretty. It is obvious that I am pretty. But I love him like that. Love is not about being beautiful or being handsome. I might marry the most handsome man in the world and I might not be happy with him.

CHECK ALSO ☛  Is Afeez Owo Secretly Having An Affair With Memunat Yunusa ?

That is one thing people don’t understand about relationships. I am happy with my husband and that is the only thing that matters in marriage. When you are happy and everything is going on well, please what else do you want? So, I am happy with him and fine with him. I love him just the way he is. People should try and understand that”.

1. Queenesta

May 23, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Stop calling ur hubby a ugly man.he brings out the beauty in u.u r not beautiful anyway.if not him.who knows u

2. abike

May 23, 2016 at 4:25 pm

stop calling your hubby an ugly man cos he made you what you are today

3. wf ogojo

May 24, 2016 at 11:16 am

You know he is ugly before you married him so please stop caling your boo an ugly fellow, perhaps can’t you compare and contrast between you two,,,just that you fear much than him,,,my thought Afeez Owo is a fine man and he is good in acting in aspect given to him in a novie,,keep it up man

4. ogoji

May 24, 2016 at 11:17 am

sorry OGOJI and not Ogojo

5. Ibrahim Fatimah Abiola

May 24, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Pls,stop Calling Ur Luv An Ugly Man.God Know’s He’s The Oerfect Man For You.

6. Christopher Emmanuel Oluwaseun

May 26, 2016 at 1:16 pm

And what makes u think you are beautiful than he does? What a pride! As far as I’m concern, he’s a cute actor! I meant no hurt for ur relationship but that’s not the best compliment for your spouse.

7. son

May 26, 2016 at 3:35 pm

Hummmm like them say ooo

8. taiwo

May 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I really envy u guys @ least dis is d only young lady in Yoruba nollywood I’ve not heard dirty tins about dia marriage n its really waxing stronger Buh I tink d secret is DAT dey keep an eye on each other,ani movie mide is,afeez must b dia n vice versa keep it up

9. aspirant

May 28, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Beauty is in the eye of be holder,fumi.

10. Anonymous

May 28, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Mide, Afeez is an handsome man d only clause is d tribal mark and with dat many ladies are still dying for him so mind your speech.

11. Bunmi

May 29, 2016 at 9:59 pm

Ur guy is an handsome man n he will always b deir for u dnt mind people saying rubbish am 100% sure dey are not wit deir husband

12. Anonymous

May 30, 2016 at 3:43 pm

pls stay with him 4 d rest of ur life

13. olaide omooba

May 30, 2016 at 3:53 pm

i apreciate ur huby for what he as done in ur life u are not beauty as dis b4 he married u so 4dis b appy wit ur huby and apreciate him very wel

14. Anonymous

May 30, 2016 at 10:56 pm

U dont see this guy as ugly, so why is she even calling him ugly? He looks ok for a man

15. Anonymous

May 31, 2016 at 4:35 am

U pple shud read and read over again. She wasn’t calling her husband ugly man but, she was just trying to let u kn what pple has been saying to der relationship. Kip it up mide AKA abike. God will kip and uphold ur family. Love u dear.

16. Anonymous

May 31, 2016 at 9:52 am

17. Anonymous

May 31, 2016 at 9:56 am

Hello people, while are we discriminating God’s crature.You know that every body is hadsome and beautiful.I opeyemi okeowo say so.

18. Debby

May 31, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Pls stop callin ur hubby ugly dnt mind wot people say ,just rely on God,it is wel wit u nd ur family

19. Anonymous

June 1, 2016 at 2:18 am

Y did pple miscode u Mide,Mide never said his hubby ugly y can’t u read it Vry wel nd understand wat she is sayn

20. Anonymous

June 1, 2016 at 8:24 am

Mide u are not appreciative, if not for this man were would u have been today,go back to ur old pictures and see hw u are. This man his d one who made u who u are today.if nt for him were would u have been today. U would have Fallin in a wrong hand. U are lucky to have him as ur husband so respect him.

• Anonymous

October 15, 2016 at 6:57 pm

u r a fool

• Anonymous

October 15, 2016 at 6:59 pm

read well before u comment idiots

21. Anonymous

June 1, 2016 at 3:33 pm

see dis ugly girl may colour dy disve o dat is more hadsome dan u dis colour human if u did nt trite urself u knw hw u look like nw so stop dat ok

22. Chinny

June 1, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Mide, pls never call d man dat made a mother of two an ugly man, it’s very derogatory to have said that. God created d way He pleases. Your beauty is not as a result of ur art work or hard work, who told u dat u are beauty goddess? Tender apology for call him ugly.

23. kemi

June 2, 2016 at 11:18 am

Mide let them sey

24. ifeoluwa

June 2, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Hi sis don’t mind what people say about you let them talk

25. Anonymous

June 2, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Try to stay with your husband since he is not maltreating you , don’t live him because you don’t know what can happen to you when you live him , can be more than ugly man.

26. dj feelings

June 3, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Pls sister mide don’t mind what people say ooo they are all distroyer afterall if u marry handsome man he can not do what my brother afeez owo is doing for u both on bed and everywhere

27. Daud ismail

June 3, 2016 at 10:36 pm

Sis dnt mind wat pple are sayin,liv them let tham talk

28. jummy

June 7, 2016 at 5:12 am

In all ways let be great fun to Almighty Allah

29. Anonymous

June 23, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Afeez owo is nt an ugly man aside from been handsome or ugly wat matter most is peace in d Ous nt all gold DT r glitter so sis mide pls build ur ome so u can enjoy it at d end o everything

30. Lil Bohas

July 29, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Dont Say They Fit Again,dey Dont Fit All,she Suppose To Marry Damola Olatunji

31. Ade

October 14, 2016 at 7:06 am

lolz if not for cream I wonder how u will look@Mide

32. Me me

October 14, 2016 at 8:33 am

Those that married mr handsome where are they today.Some foĺlowed the beauty of the eyes but they are surely regretting it today. Can you ever imaging the feelings of the first wife of your co stars-Ibrahim chatta, femi adebayo etc how they will be hot with I’d I Know? Marriage is not about faces it’s about mind. I pray you’ll never mess up with yours. Amen

33. Adewumi Adebisi

October 14, 2016 at 8:40 am

Y Cant U Read Bf Complaining Sis Mide Pls Dont Mind God Ll Protect Ur Home Nd Ur Children

34. Anonymous

October 14, 2016 at 8:50 am

I believe she doesn’t say it dat way…is d poster dat add to it

35. latest

October 14, 2016 at 2:10 pm

If u think u are beutiful than ur husband there are somepeople outside there are beutiful than u that Want to seperate ur wedding so that They can takeover so stop calling ur husband an ugly man because u are nw a celebrity that is y u think u are beutiful Pls take à gud care of ur husband nd ur children May god help u

36. Lola

October 14, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Your husband is not ugly atall, because beauty is in the eyes of beholder, dont every agree to anyone that he is ugly. Nah correct complete man oh!! God bless your union more in Jesus name♡♡♡

37. Omo Nla

October 14, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I can’t fine ur name in the street but during Added ur husband make me to know u and know everything about u, ur husband mighty not fine but he bring all good out of u and make people smile to u so stop calling him ugly man because is ur only one and only

38. k. best

October 15, 2016 at 5:14 pm

Sis, mide pls stay wit ur man

39. Anonymous

October 15, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Never Mind Wot People Say,he Luv U And Also U Do, So Wot Else Do U Want,he Is Handsome And U Match Yourself(oja Ti Omo Ba Ti Wo,okuta Ti Wo)

40. oyelola sofiat oluwatosin

October 15, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Let them say, what dey like oun to ba wun elenu ni ko fenu so, correct word, before people abuse u first abuse ur self so that they can keep shut, I love u always mide

41. Adex

October 16, 2016 at 5:58 am

Who knows if you don’t married to this guy,you may not beautiful like.

42. Temmy

October 16, 2016 at 9:02 am

Well, if truly she said that, then she was wrong.Take a good look at Mide when she was younger,she was really ugly with her seperated ears and monkey-like nose.(of course i cant create a human).Some men dont care about taking care of themselves.a good wife should endeavour to make her husband look his best.If her husband should spend that much she is spending on cloths,bleaching cream, shoes and all other stuff,he would obviously look better.In my opinion her husband is not ugly.My special advice for u,Mide if truly u said dis, dont let those celebrity-freak deceive you.that is what usually happen when you think you are better than your husband.

43. Anonymous

October 18, 2016 at 9:36 pm

U don’t appreciate what God has given after they take him from u u will start nagging.

44. Anonymous

October 18, 2016 at 9:42 pm

U like doing yanga more than ur self if not for afeez owO who know u

45. Anonymous

October 21, 2016 at 1:20 pm

ijaola luqmon

46. Anonymous

October 21, 2016 at 1:22 pm

mode u no wat I will advice you, don’t let them separate ur home k be Wise k

47. Anonymous

October 26, 2016 at 5:03 am

How can u say ur husband is ugly am one of ur mother’s fans beautiful woman and humble. Pls don’t be proud ur husband is handsome his structure and d peace u have with him is enough.pls mind ur language.I wish u pple continues happy homein Jesus name .